Why upgrade now?
- What’s are the Business cases?
- Epicor ERP 10 has been out since April of 2014
- Is the need for your current servers operating systems version outpacing your ERP version?
- Certain versions of Microsoft server operating systems aren’t certified or compliant on older versions of Epicor
- Is your ERP version reaching obsolesce?
- Do you feel you’ve maximized your current versions capabilities and now need more functionality?
- Are you seeking more functionality but merely don’t have it in your current 10-15 or 20-year version of Epicor?
- How comfortable are you with the business risk of using such an aged ERP system to run your business?
- Are you interested in shorter workflows, SOP’s, steps, clicks to become more efficient as whole for your ERP users?
- Recognition of slower response time/support/help desk – general Q&A’s occur for older ERP versions; the knowledge base is more difficult to obtain on ERP systems that are aged
- Isn’t it time to take a serious look at bringing your Epicor ERP system up to the 21st century for your business?
What are the costs for upgrading?
- The costs are always more than just the database conversion step. There’s consulting time for discussing your pain points utilizing the knowledge of an expert matching your specific needs to the new versions capabilities to take advantage of the feature reach E10 version
- Costs can also come from how old your version is. Upgrading form 9 to the latest of 10 takes less time than if you are on 8.03 or older; the jump in the technology and functionality will increase the projects time
- Typical time frame:
- (16 hrs.) Business Process Review/Company ERP use of audit/Company & Plant configuration reviewing.
- (80 hrs.) Database conversions, migrations, supplemental installations, configurations, setups, upgrades, workbench executions, sys admin steps, server sizing, hardware setup, SSRS & SQL configuring, database tuning and app server setups.
- (100 hrs.) Technical uplifts. Progress ABL to C# converting/testing. VB.NET & .NET to C# converting/testing. Crystal reports converted to SSRS. BPM’s, Dashboards, customizations that require attention.
- (16-80 hrs.) Training. Providing professional training sessions that perhaps have never been done. Or a tailored approach of only the changes. Knowing how to use E10 is key to the efficiency of your users and directly impacts their productivity.
- (40 hrs.) CRP (Conference room pilot). Test all functionality. This is the final step before GO LIVE with a group of Ludwig Solutions experts onsite leading the CRP with our tool set to fully test all of your typical business ERP processes.
- (20 hrs.) GO LIVE.
- (20 hrs.) Post GO LIVE support.
- Call 972-770-0099 today to schedule a free consultation to work on a scope and plan of activities based on your needs and with that outline we can identify the costs.
How long does an upgrade take?
- The duration varies based on the size of your company, # of users, complexity of your needs, the volume of customizations and reports that need to be developed for E10, how much training you’d like to include and so on. Typically, the actions are laid out in the scope (the free consultation meeting with Andy) and those activities are commonly performed over a 2-7-month period. Some companies complete all of the steps in 2 or 3 months, whereas others need 7 to 9 months because of availability of internal resources within your company.